I am the Digital Publisher for De Arbeiderspers|A.W. Bruna Publishers, one of the largest commercial publishers in The Netherlands. As a Digital Publisher I create titles (for all our imprints) that exceed standard e-books, like enhanced e-books, apps and hybrid projects (book + apps). Besides creating digital titles, I am also responsible for creating and implementing new business models for our publishing house and the publishing group we are part of.
Besides my work as Digital Publisher, I am specialized in spotting new trends in publishing and translating trends and developments we see in other industries (i.e. music, games, film) to make them implementable for the book world. I share my thoughts on this on my Twitter account, blog (Dutch) and on The FutureBook (English).
I also do talks (in both Dutch and English) on the changing (and digitizing) book world, piracy (and how to deal with it) and the innovations we can implement to successfully support this transition. I've done talks at Tools of Change (Frankfurt, Germany), IfBookThen (Milan, Italy) and multiple in The Netherlands.
- Member for
- 2 years 48 weeks
- View recent blog entries
Recent blog posts
- The secret e-book market: 8 months of digital rankings
- China e-book market hungry for growth
- Paperback pioneers
- Achieving all the sales in the world | @Tom_Chalmers
- Old possum's piece of publishing wisdom
- Publishing's hits and misses
- Self-publishing changed my life, but my publisher grew my sales
- Why Huge Publishing Advances can be Huge Steps Backwards
- Adaptive, Attractive, Interactive: A New Chapter for Digital Textbooks
- What books want
- Dead books walking
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Why Segregate?
4 weeks 6 days ago
- Big idea: build a new ecosystem - An alternative idea
6 weeks 4 days ago
- finding editors
8 weeks 16 hours ago
- Predatory Publishers
13 weeks 18 hours ago
- Hybird Authors
16 weeks 18 hours ago
17 weeks 19 hours ago
- Still not a plateau
17 weeks 19 hours ago
- Fascinating article
18 weeks 5 days ago
- What if not everything stays the same?
19 weeks 12 hours ago
Tweets from @thefuturebook
TheFutureBook "What works in Basildon is not likely to work in Bangkok" @Tom_Chalmers on growing sales in new territories t.co/voLlra1Cpe
TheFutureBook RT @Porter_Anderson: .@PeterJamesUK, our #PorterMeets guest at 4pGMT for @TheBookseller, saw "Dead Letter Drop" republished in January htt…
TheFutureBook RT @LashesC: Cryptic email sent to publishers from Blackwell's...teaser campaign? t.co/6f2Gcxsv5d