The new Nook is brilliant, but is B&N inadvertantly shunning British publishers?
If you are excited about the new Nook, colour and touch screen, then a word of warning. If you happen to be a UK based publisher then you may be in for a shock. Unlike Kindle, Apple, Kobo and others it seems that B&N doesn't want you providing content for their devices?
Unless someone can tell us different, we have been unsuccessful so far setting up access for our 60+ books that are in ebook format for the Nook. Why? Well, a US bank account is mandatory for you to be able to supply B&N. Come on chaps, the others worked that one out within a few weeks of setting up their 'global' platforms.
What do B&N have to say about it? No response so far to all the enquiries. Also a characteristic of the early days of the other platforms. Can anyone out there help?
Recent blog posts
- The secret e-book market: 8 months of digital rankings
- China e-book market hungry for growth
- Paperback pioneers
- Achieving all the sales in the world | @Tom_Chalmers
- Old possum's piece of publishing wisdom
- Publishing's hits and misses
- Self-publishing changed my life, but my publisher grew my sales
- Why Huge Publishing Advances can be Huge Steps Backwards
- Adaptive, Attractive, Interactive: A New Chapter for Digital Textbooks
- What books want
- Dead books walking
2 weeks 5 hours ago
- Why Segregate?
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Big idea: build a new ecosystem - An alternative idea
6 weeks 4 days ago
- finding editors
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Predatory Publishers
12 weeks 6 days ago
- Hybird Authors
15 weeks 6 days ago
16 weeks 6 days ago
- Still not a plateau
17 weeks 21 min ago
- Fascinating article
18 weeks 4 days ago
- What if not everything stays the same?
18 weeks 6 days ago
Tweets from @thefuturebook
TheFutureBook "What works in Basildon is not likely to work in Bangkok" @Tom_Chalmers on growing sales in new territories t.co/voLlra1Cpe
TheFutureBook RT @Porter_Anderson: .@PeterJamesUK, our #PorterMeets guest at 4pGMT for @TheBookseller, saw "Dead Letter Drop" republished in January htt…
TheFutureBook RT @LashesC: Cryptic email sent to publishers from Blackwell's...teaser campaign? t.co/6f2Gcxsv5d