I'm very excited to announce the first ever awards for ‘digital innovation’ across publishing. These awards will celebrate how the trade is embracing the future. The awards will run biannually and all category winners will go through to compete for the Digital Innovation award at The Bookseller’s Industry Awards in May.
The aim of the awards
We want to highlight and celebrate professionals across the trade who are doing the real work to facilitate digital innovation. Those working late nights to launch websites, devise Twitter campaigns, edit video trailers, establishing partnerships and more. We also want to showcase new products and ideas, and help demonstrate how they will help shape the future of publishing, reading and learning.
The categories will be:
1. Best app/enhanced eBook/interactive book: Does your app, enhanced eBook or interactive book show innovation? We're looking for exciting use of your content blended with a device's features to most engage your audience.
2. Best workflow innovation: A company or person who has shown innovation behind the scenes, affected change to simplify, improve and enhance workflow. Be that technical, staff, resources or information change.
3. Best content innovation: How are you responding to your consumers changing demands for content? Can you show innovation in your content strategy?
4. Best website: This award will recognise innovation from across the book trade. Well-conceived websites that, through great design, usability and best practice in online communication have engaged its audience.
5. Best use of social media: The book trade is extremely well represented across social media platforms. Can you show innovation in your social media strategy to engage and excite your audience?
6. Best integrated digital marketing campaign: Have you implemented a campaign across many digital channels? Have each of the elements of your campaign worked together as a coherent campaign? Can you show great use of video, mobile, email, SM and more?
7. Most inspiring digital publishing person: Who would you nominate as the most inspiring person from across the trade? A person who offers clear vision, innovation and leadership.
These awards will be held every six months and category winners will receive a certificate and a bottle of champagne at a FutureBook drinks evening. All winners will go through to the Industry Awards held in May. More details on how to enter will follow.
To find out more, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent blog posts
- Your Book Is Watching You
- Don't curb your enthusiasm
- A note to what has been lost
- Trial and marginalisation
- Orna Ross, the Pudding Would Like a Word — @Porter_Anderson
- Book industry: stop moaning and be creative | @tom_chalmers
- What comes next: the workshop
- Author Solutions and Penguin Random House: The Real Deal?
- Do Publishers Need a Bigger Boat?
- Is publishing about to come face to face with the corridor of mirrors that is Alt Lit?
- Indie authors are meeting industry standards
6 days 11 hours ago
- "A debate or three"
1 week 2 hours ago
- My what a storm in a teacup
1 week 8 hours ago
- Thanks for this gracious comeback, Orna
1 week 11 hours ago
- "HOW do we innovate?" is the key question
1 week 12 hours ago
- Gosh Porter, I am surprised
1 week 16 hours ago
- Thanks, everyone, for your comments...
1 week 4 days ago
- Poor customer service not poor PR
1 week 5 days ago
1 week 5 days ago
- Censoring comments
1 week 5 days ago